Sunday, March 22, 2009

Lost

I got lost. Damn cue sheets. He said right when he meant left, so I was stuck out in the middle of nowhere with no cell phone or GPS coverage. Best freaking road ride in my life. Almost no cars, a bunch of little one-lane roads at almost 20% (at one point, I looked down and saw 400 watts and 5 mph), the best of central California happy cow and vineyard country, and even a stream crossing (and a Hostess fruit pie at a little general store that wasn't used to men with shaved legs).

Seriously, it's hard to explain how cool it was. I got back to the car
at 99.19 miles (after 6.5 hours) and didn't feel like it was appropriate
to ride down the road a half mile to get to 100.

Unfortunately, my camera battery ran out before some of the coolest
stuff (or I couldn't stop to take photos because it was too steep), so
the photos aren't that great (and my phone takes crappy pictures for
some reason). You'll just have to imagine.





No comments:

Post a Comment