Sunday, April 5, 2009

Roadie (lack of) skills

I finally got out to turn the pedals in anger a bit. 30 minute TT and then a 70 mile road race. Given that I haven't been above 350 watts for more than 2.3 seconds this year, it was a bit of a sufferfest. I had no expectations for the TT, and it showed. Not last, but not not last either.

The road race was a bit more fun. I helped spring a guy into the first break, and then patrolled the front until they came back when we got another guy into the second break. Then I patrolled the front again until blowing up spectacularly about 6 miles from the finish. Spending 2.5 hours marking everyone who twitched was a difficult baptism into the Pro/1/2 community. I found myself wishing repeatedly that I hadn't upgraded this year.

We have a 70-minute circuit race this afternoon. I'm not sure how that'll go.

No comments:

Post a Comment