Monday, July 6, 2009

Breck Day 2 -- Colorado Trail

I sucked today. Couldn't breathe and couldn't climb. I think I had to tell Ryan to slow down about 50 times. Luckily I can still descend and managed to make up for some of my suckiness.

I think we finished second in our group, not sure how far back. I hope it was just a bad day.

Oh yeah, Ryan almost died today. It was crazy. We were stuck behind some guys on a rocky mining road descent. I yelled at him that we needed to go faster, and he took off like a freaking rocket. It was insane. We must have been doing 40mph down this steep rocky road. I have no idea what the guys thought when we blew by them.

But there was a hard right turn at the bottom, with nothing but air below. Ryan blew the turn a bit and was out in the bushes, just a few feet from the drop. I thought he was going for a little flight, but he pulled it back together.

No comments:

Post a Comment